Thursday, July 21, 2005

life in Athens, Tennessee

I don't really know what I want to say. Too much happens to process it all. We all have obligations to fulfill that keep us occupied. Sometimes it's difficult to communicate that with others. My life isn't really that interesting here lately. But, maybe others think it is.

Athens, Tennessee is where I've been for the last few weeks. It's a small town, but there's something about it I like. There are lots of lush green trees, hills, and plants all around it.

I could have been an extra in a Will Ferrell movie that's filming in Birmingham, Alalbama. However, I just found out about it yesterday. And, they had an open casting call this last weekend. It would have been fun, but I was a little too slow. Blast me, dear reader! Have I blown the opportunity of a lifetime? That's what I've been living with today. But, I don't think it's as dramatic as that. However, it would have been nice to be able to go to that casting call.

I am actually considering substitute teaching this fall. Am I crazy? I must be insane. Maybe for some combat pay and a new car, or something. Then I'll think about it. I don't know, maybe it would be fun to interact with teenagers. And, I would only be working one day at a time.

I feel the inevitable low budget job slowly approaching over the horizon. I don't want to get some mediocre job just to pay bills, but it looks like my circumstances are drifting that way. Oh, well. What can you do?

No comments: