Friday, November 25, 2005

pirates


About a year ago, I had the chance to be an extra in Pirates of the Caribbean parts 2 and 3. Disney is filming both sequels at once. It would've meant being transported to the Caribbean for about six months, and very little pay. My friend and I considered this prospect very seriously. The prospect of being in these movies and being in the Caribbean was very tempting.

Ultimately, however, I made the decision to move back to Tennessee around that time. So, no extra work for me!

Today, on the radio, I heard that the cast and crew filming in the Caribbean has been attacked by actual pirates. Looters, or some kind of random thugs, have been stealing, breaking things, and threatening lives. A few actors (extras, I'm assuming) have quit and left the island for fear of their lives! I'm glad that gig didn't work out.

No comments: