Monday, November 14, 2005

netflix, I guess

It's a rainy day here in East Tennessee. Nothing too eventful has happened lately. At least, nothing I could articulate in my presently groggy state.

I am somewhat enjoying Netflix. If you're not familiar with it, it's video rental over the internet. After my friend Mike preached it to me for a few years, and my friend Andy gave me a free month, I finally broke down and decided to try it. So far, I am fairly satisfied. On a scale of 1-10, I guess I would give it a 7.

The upside:
1. Well-designed web site.
2. Fantastic selection.
3. Convenience of not leaving my house to go to the video rental place.
4. It's cheap (10 dollars per month).
5. I'm fighting the corporate beast. (I think we all know which video rental beast I speak of.)
6. I can brag to my friends that I have Netflix, so my social status goes up a couple of points.

The downside
1. Sometimes it takes the DVD's several days to arrive in the mail, even though it's only supposed to take one day.
2. Video renting is not as spontaneous.
3. No more weird, smelly video rental stores!!!
4. I only get one DVD at a time.
5. I often have to watch the movies at awkward or inconvenient times in order to get them back in the mail.
6. I'm wasting all my time watching pointless schlock.

Overall, though, I'm satisfied with it. Click here to see their site.

No comments: