Friday, November 04, 2005

more blog adventures

Faithful blog readers! An apology is certainly in order. I have neglected my blog for several days now. In fact, I think it has been almost two weeks since I wrote on this blog. There are several reasons for this.

I got a new job at a Super Target, and I have been working crazy hours. And, in my off time, I seem to be trying to squeeze in every amount of errand-running I can manage. And on my days off, I have successfully found other diversions from blog writing.

Another reason, and the main reason, for neglecting my blog is simply an old-fashioned lack of inspiration. Sure, several things have happened that are probably blog-worthy. I started a new job, I went to a Halloween party, I may be auditioning for a professional show, and I've gone through changes and introspective phases that are more than blog-worthy. However, I've found that my drive, and my motivation for blog writing has been dried up. It has been dried up by wrestlings with my self-esteem, and emotional confusions. Sometimes digging around the extra and distracting thoughts and feelings in order to draw out the real meaning or feeling behind something proves to be far too much work for a blog entry. But, it may be a healthy exercise nonetheless.

Since I started this blog, the idea was to relay exciting stories to my friends from afar. To that end, my blog was very successful and emotionally cathartic. But, now honesty seems to painful.
I feel like a sheep that has wandered from the flock. And, for far too long, I've been trying to find my way back. There are occurances and developments in my life that are pulling me toward that end, but in the mean time, I feel confused and discouraged. I'm sure you can relate.

A friend of mine from college once wrote a play called "Wading Through Peanut Butter." A funny name. But, also an apt description of how my own development feels most of the time.

I hope you'll forgive my frank honesty, and indulge my emotional pleas for reassurance. I don't mean to be the perpetual martyr. Or, the constant complainer. My goal is to simply be baringly honest and straightforward. But, enough. I think I've made my point.

Stay tuned for more blog adventures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a friend of Nicole Wood. I have met you once or twice, but you probably wouldn't know who I was if you saw me on the street. Anyway, I have been faithfully reading your blog for a few months now, and I finally decided to identify myself and tell you that I really enjoy your blog. I appreciate your honesty and fresh insight. And I'm dying to check out this horror film that was shot in Morristown (I'm a Mo'town native, too). So, great blog...keep it up!

Nicole said...

Evan, I can relate all too well. I agree, honesty often proves far too painful, and I feel, and long an experience. I love your blog though, through the funny, interesting, and even darker times. It makes it more real and human...not that I wish confusion and pain on you, but it's nice to know someone else out there is feeling similar things.

Courtney said...

Evan- glad to have you back! I missed your blog!