Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Cabinet of Dr.Caligari


I wanted to take an opportunity to tell everyone about my friend Doug's upcoming project. It's one that I'm excited about, and it looks very interesting. Doug is excited about it.

I remember Doug telling me about this projecet repeatedly, because he knows I like campy horror. Only, this horror film is darker, and cooler than the typical 80s camp I rave about. It's called The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, and it is a moderately budgeted independent film. It is a remake of a thirties horror film. ( At least, I think it's the thirties.) They used some of the original footage juxtaposed with modern imagery to create a clean, glossy, yet classic looking scenerio.

Doug plays a sideshow psychic named Cesare. You can check out the film's official web page here. It's a highly technical page, so it may take a minute to load. But, it looks really cool.

The film opens in mid-October. I'm not sure if it will hit every major cineplex, but if you keep your eyes open, you may get lucky. I wish I could've been in L.A. for the premiere, but that's just how the proverbial cookie crumbles. Apparently, this film has gotten a lot of buzz from the German independent film crowd, as well as American horror fans. It's been nominated for some Screamfest awards. i don't know if it will be good or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I love Doug Jones! He also has a pretty cool web page here. There is much love to go around, my friend.

1 comment:

Adam said...

bro... you got spammed! ugh, i got hit by the same person, too...