Wednesday, June 01, 2005

new challenges

So, the other day I was watching TV. A Clearasil commercial came on, and I thought the girl in the commercial was familiar. Alas, I knew her! A wonderful moment! And, I was watching (yes, I admit) the Disney show That's So Raven and I saw another guy I auditioned for once. I saw a sitcom tonight that I went to a taping of, and I also saw 'ol Uncle Chuck Norris on the tube tonight. Friendly and strange reminders of a life I once lived. A life that only a handful of people know much about. It kind of makes me sad to have this year of life that's kind of a blank spot for so many friends and family. I wanted to bring more people into that world, but things had a way of working out differently. I still find that tough to accept. But, I soldier on in this new world. These new circumstances call for a different mindset. I struggle with the challenge, but I welcome new challenges. I don't believe in predestination (if you're not familiar with predestination, do yourself a favor and don't even ask), but I do believe that we all meet our destiny in one way or another. We have a responsibility to make choices. That is our power. We humans don't have much power beyond decision making. That's why I fight myself inwardly every day to make the right choices, and so often fail. But, I know the road to my ultimate destiny will inevitably be fulfilled. Uh,...I hope.

1 comment:

sunflowerb said...

Isn't it strange to be faced with reminders of you "old life" when you're in the midst of your "new life"? It's hard to leave what you've always known and then come back years later and try to live that life again. i know how you feel, Evan... it's surreal.
~Heather