Friday, May 27, 2005

the jury is out


michael jackson suv dance
Originally uploaded by ehiggin.
After pajamas in public places, suv dancing, Gary Coleman, an insane prosecution Mom, and a bizarre array of celebrity witnesses, Michael Jackson's defense team rests. There is (or was) a rebuttle from the prosecution, and now we wait. There could be a decision as early as next week.

To you this question is posed, loyal reader. What will the verdict be? I'm thinking not guilty. And then, new album. And THEN...(be still my twittering heart)...LIVE CONCERT TOUR?!? Just my prediction. And hope.

And, while I'm on the subject. I would love to take this opportunity to confess something. This whole blog of mine is about the struggling life of a starving artist. Sort of. Along with that, I love providing weird and crazy stories of yesteryear, when I resided in Studio City, CA. Once upon a time, up at Universal, my friend Cindy and I thought we saw Michael Jackson. He was going up an escalator. It certainly looked like Michael. Mid-90's attire, (something like a Victorian suit of armor), and several Secret Service-like security guards surrounding him. People were yelling, and screaming, and waving, "MICHAEL! MICHEAL!" I thought it was him. Oh, how I thought it was him.

A couple of months later, one of the managers of the club he was going into came down to the pizza place where I worked. I told him about the incident, and he promptly explained that it was a hired impersonator. Well, shuck my corn and call me Carlos. I'd been scammed.

No comments: