Thursday, March 23, 2006

day off

Well, in staying true to the blog "journal" form, I suppose I'll tell you what happened today.

I rolled out of bed this morning. I came downstairs, ate breakfast. I watched the first 45 minutes or so of Back to the Future 2 (part of one of the best movie trilogies ever made!!!) Then, my dad came home for lunch. I watched George W. on Fox News, live. It was very interesting. Then, I ate a small lunch.

I took my bike out of the garage and rode it a few miles around Athens, TN. I wish I could somehow document how many miles I go on that thing. I need to get one of those measure things that tells you how many miles you've gone. Anyway, I went down this windy backroad until I got to this small brick Baptist church. It was in the middle of a cow field, pretty much. I looked around for a minute, then continued down the road. The scenery was nice. By the time I got home, my legs were definitely feeling the ramifications. I'm kind of out of shape.

I watched the rest of Back to the Future 2. I went to Wal-Mart and bought Capote on DVD. I want to read some of his books. I came home, ate dinner, went to church. There was a woman there tonight talking about missions in Brazil. It was very informative. Did you know women outnumber men 5 to 1? Or so she said. I knew some Brazillian guys in high school, and they were kind of crazy.

Then, I came home and watched American Idol. (I think Chris is going to win the whole thing.) Then, I got on this evil box and sent a couple of emails. Now, I blog.

Hm. That's about it. That's my day off. I'll try to be more productive in the future.

Overview:
1. Watched Back to the Future 2
2. Watched W
3. Got a great deal of exercise
4. Bought Capote
5. Learned a little about Brazil/missions
6. Watched American Idol
7. Blog
8. Watched a few more hours of my life slowly drain down the toilet

Okay, everything except number 8.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

It sounds like you had a good day off. You are really making me want to purchase a bike too.

Courtney said...

Why? Is Junebug good? What's it about? A white girl who thinks she can dance?

Anonymous said...

Sorry! We were there for about 14 hours. We spent most of the day in Ashville, spent the night in Jeff City with Charlotte, ate breakfast with Jen on her way to North Carolina in Dandridge, and then left through the Smokey Mountains after that... so we weren't there very long. Jeff City was a stop over since we were only an hour away b/c his old youth minister lives in Ashville. Most of the trip with in ATL... like in the upcoming blockbuster flick.

Where are my shoes?