Wednesday, February 08, 2006

weird sales

Yesterday, I woke up and climbed out of bed. After a quick shower, I put on a shirt, tie, and dress pants. Quickly, I ate a peanut butter sandwich. Then, I headed out the door and piled into my low budget CRX. I began buzzing down the road, toward Nashville, music city.

I had a job interview at a Honda dealership, to be a car salesman of all things. Now, I have absolutely no experience in commissioned sales. So, I had no idea what to expect.

For three and a half long hours, I rumbled down the four lane road through the fields of Tennessee. As I grew closer to Nashville, the nerves started in. Did I really want this job? What was in store for me? I had no idea.

Finally, I arrived in Nashville. So, following my low budget internet directions, I located the Honda dealership. I walked through the double doors confidently, hoping this could be the opportunity I was looking for.

The interview process was fairly quick. I rambled on about sales, how I see the job as a good fit, and etc. Most of it was sincere. The man interviewing me had no qualms telling me how it really was. "Your boss ever yell at you?" A strange interview question. But, apparently, they like to yell. But, probably not a big deal.

Mike hired me on the spot. I guess I look like good sales material. Who knows? But now, I'm formulating a plan to move to Nashville in the next couple of weeks.

I met a friend of mine for dinner, then I headed back to Athens, three and a half more hours of driving. I guess the trip was worthwhile.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations!!!! Living in Nashville should be fun. Ummm, but why does the boss get to yell. That might not be fun. Maybe he won't.

thisisapc said...

Congratulations! Hope this job leads to great things...being near Music City will definitely boost your blossoming country music career. ;)