Monday, January 30, 2006

Slackerpage

Hi loyal blog readers. I have made a wonderful discovery this afternoon on the 'net. It came to me as somewhat of an accident as I was "surfing." ("surfing" is an internet term meaning "to browse around various internet sites.") Ok, just kidding. I know, I know. I know you know what "surfing" means.

Anyhoo, I looked up an old web page I created.I called the the "Slackerpage." As I typed the URL in the address bar of Explorer, the rhythm and pattern of typing this old URL flowed from my fingers like a locker combination that's been entered thousands of times. Somewhere, somehow still buried in my subconcious was this URL I have not entered into the keyboard in years.

In the late 90's, during the budding rennaissance of creating web pages, I decided to start my own little page on a free hosting server called Angelfire. I had a few pictures I had scanned into the computer with a scanner. (Hm. How quaint and primitive.) And, I had put "links" on my site to interesting places. Hey, this was big stuff for a high schooler in the mid to late 90's.

Well, friends, I discovered that old web page. It's still floating somewhere in cyberspace. (Cyberspace is a great 90's term for the internet.) I actually updated it once in college, very briefly, in order to post new pictures on it.

I would love to share this page with you.

To go to the main menu of the Slackerpage, click here.

To read some bizarre poetry I posted on the Slackerpage, click here. You have to follow the links at the bottom of each page to continue through it. Very...uh...interesting.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Evan, this totally brings me back to high school! You used to scan pictures for that site at my house in London. I still call people slackers all of the time, and I'm not sure if that came from you or not, but I think that it probably did.

I can't believe that you have Mr. T AND Ted Danson on there. :)

thisisapc said...

I checked out the site...pretty awesome I must say. Seeing Brian Samples again really made it all worthwhile.

Anonymous said...

I think its absolutely hysterical that you have a picture of my hubby in his boxer shorts on your slacker page!!

~~some things never change!~~ hahahahaha!!!