Friday, December 09, 2005

Dempseys

Last night I went to see a musical group called The Dempseys. I was reluctant at first, but it turned out to be fairly interesting. Of course, they must have been charged up on Red Bull, because they played two hours without stopping. I don't know how they did it, but I couldn't stay focused for that long.

They were kind of like a cartoon rockabilly band, playing an endless string of cover songs. At first, I found their energy infectious and endearing, until I finally couldn't take it anymore. (After almost 2 solid hours of standing up.) They are certainly full of humor and whacky antics. It was definitely different.

I reviewed Broken Flowers on my movie review blog. Click here to read it! And to clear up any confusion in the last blog entry, this blog is not going anywhere! I will continue to faithfully update this one, as my own child.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Red bull? I think they were on crack. But they were awesome.