Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas time



Well, kids, Christmas is one week away. It is hard to believe the last two months have gone by so fast. My stint at my retail store may soon be over! And, with family holiday plans being in shambles, it's none too soon. I'll be glad to be done with that place.

That being said, I reflect on the meaning of Christmas. It's tough to continually push myself to make this a Christmas about giving. In a bitter world of complainers, it's hard to be the one who is optimistic. It's easy to see the 1000 reasons to be dissatisfied, without noticing the things that make it wonderful.

But, don't get me wrong. This blog entry is not a sermon by any means. I'm just trying to make it a Christmas of giving. And, that's a lot easier said than done.

1 comment:

Adam said...

why not go ahead and simplify... make it a christmas of receiving. after all, isn't that what we were supposed to do with that baby born 2,000+ years ago...?