Friday, March 04, 2005

the net

Ever feel "out of the loop"? Don't trust biased News sources? Ever feel like you don't exactly know what President W is up to? I know the feeling. I found a terrific government web site, White House.gov. It keeps you up to date on what the President, and the White House, is doing every single day! It's cool. I particularly like the Press Briefings you can read.

Are you a music junkie? Feel like you want to get plugged in to new kinds of music? I discovered an incredible site called All Music. When they say "all music", they really mean it. You can look up any genre, any mood, any style. They have chart history, album discographies, and reviews. I also particularly like the "mood" descriptions they give for each artist and/or band.

I found an average site about poetry. Here's a poem by John Keats.

This Living Hand
This living hand, now warm and capable
Of earnest grasping, would, if it were cold
And in the icy silence of the tomb,
So haunt thy days and chill thy dreaming nights
That thou wouldst wish thine own heart dry of blood
So in my veins red life might stream again,
And thou be conscience-calmed--see here it is--
I hold it towards you.

No comments: