Monday, March 07, 2005

rad contest

Ladies and gentlemen, earlier I posted a blog called most rad. I asked anyone to vote for which of the following was the most rad:

Michael Jackson - Bad album

Growing Pains - sitcom

Harry and the Hendersons - delightful family/comedy movie

So far, I've got two votes for Growing Pains, and 0 for anything else. I can see it, though. Kirk Cameron is amazing, and I saw Alan Thicke (Dad on Growing Pains) on Celebrity Fear Factor tonight. I love hokey sitcoms. It's tough to compete.

But, don't forget, Michael Jackson's Bad album contains such hits as "Bad", "Smooth Criminal", and "Man in the Mirror". It was also the time when Mike busted out the black leather outfit. Martin Scorsese directed the "Bad" video. It was definitely the late 80's, in full force. Scary.

Harry and the Hendersons still has cheese-ball appeal, and low budget acting legend John Lithgow. And don't forget character actor, Emmet Walsh. He was kind of a friendlier John Voight. And then, of course, we have Big Foot himself, Harry.

So far: Bad - 0 Growing Pains - 2 H and the H - 0

It's still anybody's game. If you want to vote, leave it in the comment, or email me.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I agree with my former roomie (didn't you know Jamie was my roomie in Burnett, pre-chan chan kingdom?) I daresay "Bad" has had a much bigger influence in the grander world of music and entertainment..although Kirk Cameron was my first-ever huge celebrity crush and I used to buy "Superteen," "Bop!" and all of those teenie mages to tear out his photo and keep it on my bedroom wall. (It's not there anymore, silly). So MJ's killer BAD album gets my vote