Sunday, April 09, 2006

Catalyst 06/Benchwarmers

Wow. I just rolled home from the Knoxville airport, and I'm quite exhausted. I just had a most incredible weekend in Savannah, Georgia!!! My friend Josh Hawk is a youth minister at a church in Georgia called Calvary in Savannah. Josh invited me down to do some comedy, and "acting" in some drama stuff for a youth retreat. Well, of COURSE I wanted to do it! It was a blast.

From wednesday until today (sunday), we worked and did various things to finish the process of getting ready. The theme was Catalyst. It was great. Often, these youth retreat things can be so draining and testing on the patience and/or emotions (and this one certainly had its moments!) But, overall, I think it was the most fun I've ever had working with youth. The group there is awesome, and Josh did a great job. We had a fantastic praise/worship band called Solomon's Porch. Chris Brooks was the youth pastor. (I know Chris from my Student Life days! Is it a small world, or what?!)

It was an incredible time. I made many many new friends, and God truly spoke to me.

By the way, I'm really excited about the new "The Benchwarmers" movie. My old pal, Doug Jones, is in it. For those of you who have heard my whacky stories about this man, but never saw what he looks like, then here's your chance!!! Doug has an interview online. (When you watch the interview, imagine this man petting my face like i'm a puppy.) DOUG I LOVE YOU!!!!! Click here to see the interview with John Lovitz and Doug Jones.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Evan, that's awesome. First of all, I'm really glad that you had an awesome time in Savannah. I know that the whole weekend had to be wonderful. I can't wait to hear more about it. Secondly, I'm even proud of Doug Jones! I feel like I know him too or something. I really want to see that movie too. Maybe we can see it together. ;)

Adam said...

evan, i saw a flick this week that you need to see: "everything is illuminated" (with elijah woods). great stuff!