Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Blak

About ten years ago, when I was in high school, a wondrous new product came out. It was called Pepsi Kona. My friend Tim and I quickly became fans of this..."unusual" new drink. It was a blend of Pepsi and coffee. At first, that sounds kind of disgusting. But, trust me. It was good stuff. We drank it as often as we could get our hands on it. Unfortunately, they only sold it in the Northeast United States. So, Tim's family in Pennsylvania would send him cases of the stuff. Soon, they quit making the experimental Pepsi Kona. My life hasn't been the same since.

Now, dear reader, there's a new drink on the market. Coke has come out with their own take on a cola/coffee mix. It's called "Coca-Cola Blak." I was excited when I first learned about it. Ah, the nostalgic days of the mid 90's Pepsi Kona!! So, I bought a six pack of the stuff to try it. Surprisingly, it's good. It has a nice chocolatey taste to it. It's not something you could drink every day. It's sort of a specialty drink. But, it's interesting enough to at least try.

There's a Blak web site here.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I saw this the other day in the store, but I was too chicken to try it. It brought those same memories back of Pepsi Kona days long gone by. I will have to give it a try (the low budget grocery stores in Jeff City don't carry it, I have only seen it in the stores in Knoxville).