Friday, August 12, 2005

items of the day

1. Yesterday I heard a rumor that Willie Nelson died. I was in a panic, until I was able to confirm it as mere heresay. (And, I've been trying to find a use for the phrase "mere heresay" for a long time, so mission accomplished!)

2. Today I saw the Wes Anderson film "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". What a cast. Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, and Willem Dafoe among my favorites. And, they're fantastic. Bill and Jeff give exceptionally good performances. At this point, it's easy to take Bill Murray for granted because we're all so used to him being so good. But, his performance in this film is one of his best ever. And personally, I felt Jeff Golblum stealing every scene he was in. Goldblum's natural persona is so good. Two outstanding performances. Everything else was just okay. I chuckled a few times at the moderate humor.

3. I am totally addicted to a video game called "the Sims." It's a game where, instead of living your real life, you sit down at your computer and live fake computer people's lives. It's great.

4. Happy birthday to my friend MAK.

5. It's really, really hot outside. Hotter than California. And more humid. And more miserable.

6. I discovered a new and wonderful chinese restaurant in town. Despite the lack of a buffet, their food is good. And, they have more than you could eat at once, so it's really two meals.

7. My special friend is going on vacation for like 3 months, so the distance thing is getting out of control.

That's about it.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Whew...I was worried about Willie Nelson for a minute. I'm glad that it was 'mere heresay'!

And I have probably lost a cumulative total of a year of my life playing the Sims...it's BRILLIANT!!!

3 mos. is a long vacation. I wish I could take a 3 month vacation. I'm jealous.

P.S. Thanks for the comments on my blog today...it set my mind at ease.

Courtney said...

I have not played SIMS in a long time, but it also has stolen many hours of my life. DO you have the original version or The Sims 2? The Sims 2 is sooooo much better (and worse, as far as time stealing). Congrats on the 'mere hearsay' thing...an excellent command of the phrase.