Saturday, July 21, 2007

full spouse

Okay, I admit, I ripped off the title of my blog from a news headline I found on the internet. But, I thought it was funny enough to use.
Remember that dorky little kid "Stephanie" on Full House? Sure. We all do. A couple of days ago, she got married (for the second time). And, she has made it public that she, after Full House, spiraled into a black vortex of drugs and alcohol. Doesn't this sound familiar? For the sake of sparing you, dear reader, I won't list the long and depressing roster of child stars that have fallen into this pit. But, supposedly, Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner) has emerged, fully recovered.
I was always interested in Jodie Sweetin from the time Full House went off the air. Out of all the cast members, she flew under the radar more than any of the others. The Olsen Twins have been saturated with attention, and all the other cast members already had careers in "The biz" before Full House.
Anyway, I think it's sad. I would like to think that her recovery is full, but somehow I doubt it. Something tells me I'll be hearing more stories in the coming years of Jodie Sweetin's struggles with a wreckless lifestyle.
And underneath it all, I continually ask myself why I care. And, I can't really answer that. I guess most of it deals with the fact that I feel like I know this poor girl personally. I mean, I feel like I've known her for like 15 years,...in the background,...in the living room telelvision.


Here is a clip of Jodie Sweetin talking to students at the University of Pittsburgh back in March.





No comments: