Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dollywood and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I finally made it out to Dollywood the other day. The weather was warm, crisp, and the humidity was extremely low. I know this East Tennessee draught is causing some problems, but the weather is fantastic if you want to go to Dollywood! Tiffany and I had a great time.

Also, I finally got to watch my friend Doug's remake of the 1919 film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. The new film is written and directed by David Fisher. Certainly, the new movie was made on an independent film budget. However, that doesn't prevent this strange and brooding story from entertaining. It is a fun Halloween film made with great style. And, it's one of my favorite Doug performances. There's a really nice official web site for the movie.

No comments: