Saturday, May 19, 2007

my personal finances

in a meager and desperate attempt to pinch pennies, I've been cutting back on bills lately. I cut my Netflix service down a notch, cut my cell phone plan down a notch, and I made a personal comittment to myself..."I, Evan, will not turn on my thermostat for the entire month of May."

The good news about the thermostat thing is that the month of May is usually a mild month. And, my apartment is on the first floor. So, it's kind of like a cave. It stays 71 degrees all the time.

All month, I've had various temptations to turn on the thermostat. Whenever I feel warm, or cool, I check the temp. It never fails. It's always between 71-73 degrees in my apartment. Absolute perfection. So, I've stuck with my pledge to keep the AC and heat OFF.

Today, I got my electric bill for the last half of April and the first half of May. When I saw the amount, I laughed out loud. 26 dollars. My plan is working!!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

yeah, money sucks. I am bad about adjusting the thermostat, but we have considered cutting out our cable... the loss of the travel channel and espn in the fall would be the worst... we'll see... I'm glad you're my friend.