Thursday, September 14, 2006

farewell old friend

I finally did it. I traded in my ghetto fabulous country trekker CRX. I drove a black '91 Honda CRX for about eight years. A month or so ago, I rolled over 200,000 miles!

Yes, it didn't look like much to anyone else. But for me, that car had some true meaning. I drove that heap all through college, across the country (twice), and I hardly ever had problems with it. That car was my companion when I lived in California. That car and I saw Vegas, Hollywood, and the Grand Canyon together. I drove friends, family, and some animals along the way. She was good to me, that's for sure.

I got a slightly newer, slightly less beaten Honda Civic. A much needed improvement. Farewell, old friend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!

Millie

Courtney said...

Awwwww. I remember riding in that good ol car. It was always an adventure wondering if we were going to make it! We have 2 Hondas too, since they're pretty darn good!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring your phone call! I've been ca-razy busy with internships and two jobs... but... i wanted to let you know that jen's mom died if you didn't know already. i think it has been a week. i couldn't go to the funeral. anyway - it might be this next weekend when i call you - email me your number at meredithlstory@gmail.com

Tiffany said...

Do you remember coming home from college on the weekends and on breaks and picking me up from high school in that CRX?! That was 8 years ago!

Anonymous said...

My dad has been driving an '87 Pocket Rocket since '89 and it is nearing 300k miles. He is hoping that it either gets stolen or lays down to die.